- 7 p.m. on Tuesday, September 29
- 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30
- 10 a.m. on Saturday, October 3
If you have a construction-related question or concern, please contact the project team through the hotline phone or email. The project hotline is monitored from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Project hotline: 816- 337-1013
Project email: email@example.com
Upgrades on Main Overview
Beginning late October, 2020, KC Water will be making improvements to the aging water and sewer infrastructure along Main Street from Pershing Road to 51st Street. Not only will the Upgrades on Main project replace century-old infrastructure, but it will also pave the way for the first phase of construction-related activity for the KC Streetcar Main Street Extension to the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC).
For more detailed information check out the Project Fast Facts below.
Project Area Map
WHERE are the project boundaries?
Most of the construction-related work is along the Main Street corridor. Additional work may need to be completed two to three blocks off of Main Street, in both directions east and west.
- North boundary: Pershing Road
- South boundary: 51st Street and Brookside Boulevard
WHAT work is happening?
Upgrades on Main is a KC Water project, which includes work such as:
- Replacement and relocation of water mains in multiple locations along the Main Street corridor
- Approximately 17,400 linear feet of sewer main upgrades
- Upgrades/replacement of over 190 manholes
- New valves and fire hydrants along the project corridor
- Moving water meters outside, where possible
WHEN will work be done?
Construction is scheduled to begin late-October 2020 and is anticipated to take two years to complete. The timeline is subject to change pending weather and other construction-related issues.
HOW will this impact you?
At various times project-related work such as temporary traffic redirects, street/lane closures and construction conditions may impact you. We appreciate your patience! News and notifications will be shared through multiple communications channels, such as this project webpage, so you can stay informed throughout the duration of the project.
WHY is this work being done?
Upgrades on Main replaces century-old infrastructure and paves the way for the first phase of KC Streetcar Main Street Extension construction-related activity.