The Todd Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant — built in 1968 and expanded in 1990 — has exceeded its useful life due to Northland growth, the new KCI passenger terminal, and aging, less efficient treatment technology. KC Water proposes to build a new plant in a nearby location to install new treatment technology amd increase capacity to accommodate future growth.
Visit the above link for information about the current and proposed treatment plant locations; the proposed site plan; how wastewater is treated before it is returned to streams and rivers; the Todd Creek flood plain and watershed; environmental and health impacts of wastewater treatment plants; odor control technology planned for the new plant; regulatory and planning compliance and review; community concerns and benefits; and noise, lighting, and traffic considerations.
The City Council Transportation, Infrastructure, and Operations Committee discussed Ordinance 230975 on Dec. 6, 2023.
Here is KC Water’s presentation to the committee:
Here is KC Water’s report to the committee:
Here are attachments to the memo:
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessment – February 2023
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources – Notice and Order to Abate Violations and Pay Administrative Penalties – Sept. 18, 2020
- Todd Creek Plant North Site Environmental Staff Summary – Nov. 30, 2023
- Consultant Letter – Overview of Review of Administrative Order – Nov. 30, 2023
- Geologic Review and Mining Risk Assessment Report and Cover Letter– April 25, 2022
The City Council Transportation, Infrastructure, and Operations Committee considered Ordinance 230975 on Nov. 29, 2023. The ordinance would authorize an Option to Purchase Agreement for Todd Creek Facility Land Acquisition. Here is a link to the presentation:
Ordinance 230975 – Presentation to Transportation, Infrastructure, and Operations Committee
Thanks to all who attended the public meeting, presentation and Q&A session on Nov. 13, 2023. Here is link to the presentation:
Todd Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant – Public Meeting #2
Thanks to the Platte County Commission for meeting with the project team on Sept. 18, 2023. Here is a link to the presentation:
Platte County Commission Presentation
Thanks to all who attended the public meeting, presentation and Q&A session on Aug 31, 2023. Here are links to the presentations:
Environmental Impact Review Presentation
Treatment Plant Project Presentation
To respond to the Aug. 31 public meeting survey, visit: www.surveymonkey.com/r/toddcreek1
Alternative Site Evaluation
Stay in Touch
Below are four ways to ask questions, make comments, or sign up to receive receive email updates:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the survey at www.surveymonkey.com/r/ToddCreekNotifications.
- Call 816-513-0234 and leave a message.
- Complete the below form. Be sure to use the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form.