We understand circumstances can make it difficult for our customers to pay their monthly bills. We’re here to help.
If you are behind on your monthly bill, please call 311 (816-513-1313) and select option 1 immediately so we can work with you toward a solution.
Below are options to obtain financial assistance. Please note: Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. DON’T WAIT!
- Emergency Rent/Utility Assistance. The City of Kansas City, Mo., has funding for emergency rental and utility assistance distributed through existing community agencies. For more information please visit www.kcmo.gov/city-hall/housing/emergency-rental-and-utilities-assistance, or call 816-513-4501.
- KC Water partners with Mid America Assistance Coalition, which provides funding assistance through various social services agencies, to help customers unable to pay their bills. KC Water has committed over $3 million to assist more than 9,000 customers since the program was created in 2009. To learn more about eligibility requirements, please visit www.211kc.org or call 816.474.5112, or 211.
- The Mid America Assistance Coalition also accepts applications for Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP). LIHWAP provides a one-time payment up to $750 to help eligible households pay for current or past due water and/or wastewater bills, and disconnection and reconnection fees. Call 816-831-1830 or visit www.maaclihwap.org to apply.
- The KC Water payment arrangement program gives KC Water customers extra time to bring accounts up to date. With a payment arrangement, the past-due amount is spread out over a specified period. This amount is called a monthly installment. Customers are required to pay the agreed upon monthly installment in addition to paying total current charges in full by the bill due date each month. To set up a payment arrangement, please sign up or access your account at KC Water.
- Leak Stoppers is a partnership with Bridging the Gap to provide customers with guidance on how to reduce water usage. Visit www.bridgingthegap.org/water/leakstoppers to learn income requirements and how the program works.