We understand circumstances can make it difficult for our customers to pay their monthly bills. We’re here to help.
If you are behind on your monthly bill, please call 311 (816-513-1313) and select option 1 immediately so we can work with you towards a solution.
Below are some ways for you to obtain financial assistance. Please note, funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. DON’T WAIT!
- State Assistance for Housing Relief (SAFHR). SAFHR for Renters provides rent and utility assistance for eligible Missouri residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Utilities include gas, electric, water, sewage/wastewater, fuel, and trash. Money is paid directly to landlord or utility company. For more information, please visit www.mohousingresources.com/safhr.
- KC Regional Housing Alliance has resources available for renters and property owners online at www.kcregionalhousingalliance.org.
- KC Water partners with Mid America Assistance Coalition, who provides funding assistance through various social services agencies, to help customers who are unable to pay their bills. KC Water has committed over $3 million in funds since the program was created in 2009, and we’ve been able to assist more than 9,000 customers. To learn more about eligibility requirements, please visit www.211kc.org or call 816.474.5112, or 211.
- The KC Water payment arrangement program gives KC Water customers extra time to bring their utility accounts up to date. With a payment arrangement, the past-due amount is spread out over a specified period of time. This amount is called a monthly installment. Customers are required to pay the agreed upon monthly installment, in addition to paying their total current charges in full by the bill due date each month. To set up a payment arrangement, please sign up or access your account at KC Water.
- Leak Stoppers is a partnership with Bridging the Gap to provide customers with guidance on how to reduce water usage. Go to www.bridgingthegap.org/water/leakstoppers to find out how the program works and income requirements.