We understand circumstances can make it difficult for our customers to pay their monthly bills. We’re here to help.
If you are behind on your monthly bill, please call 311 (816-513-1313) and select option 1 immediately so we can work with you towards a solution.
Below are some ways for you to obtain financial assistance. Please note, funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. DON’T WAIT!
- Emergency Rent/Utility Assistance. The City of KCMO has funding for emergency rental and utility assistance which is being distributed through existing community agencies. For more information please visit www.kcmo.gov/renthelp or call 816-513-4501.
- KCMO COVID-19 Emergency Rent Assistance Program (ERAP) – 3031 Holmes, Kansas City, MO 64109 & 1100 NE Vivion, Kansas City, MO 64118. Households experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19, who live in Kansas City, MO, and have income at/below 80% of area median income are eligible for up to 12 months of RENT and/or UTILITY assistance. Paper applications are available if you cannot complete the online application. If you have previously applied for assistance through another MLM fund below, you DO NOT need to re-apply. Your application will be reviewed for COVID assistance, and you will be contacted if additional information/documentation is needed. Contact email@example.com to learn more. APPLY ONLINE FOR KCMO COVID-19 ERAP ASSISTANCE.
- Northland Rent, Utility & Mortgage Assistance – 1100 NE Vivion Road, Kansas City, MO 64118 This assistance is only for those who live in Clay or Platte County, MO and is subject to funding availability. This program is by appointment only. Call 816-454-5295 to learn more about general Northland Assistance. APPLY ONLINE FOR CLAY/PLATTE COUNTY RENT/UTILITY ASSISTANCE.
- Clay County Children’s Services Fund (CCCSF) Rent and Utility Assistance – 1100 NE Vivion Road, Kansas City, MO 64118. By appointment only. Must live in Clay County, MO AND have children age 19 and younger in the household. Assistance is targeted to households experiencing or at-risk of homelessness or housing instability. Subject to funding availability. Call 816.285.3137 to learn more about CCCSF assistance. APPLY ONLINE FOR CLAY COUNTY CHILDREN’S FUND (CCCSF) RENT/UTILITY ASSISTANCE.
- Jackson County Rent, Utility, & Mortgage Assistance – 3031 Holmes, Kansas City, MO 64109. Applications for Water assistance are also available for pick-up in person. Currently prioritizing household impacted by COVID-19. Call 816-931-0027 for more information. Subject to funding availability. Various funds may have income restrictions. APPLY ONLINE FOR JACKSON COUNTY RENT/UTILITY/MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE.
- State Assistance for Housing Relief (SAFHR). SAFHR for Renters provides rent and utility assistance for eligible Missouri residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Utilities include gas, electric, water, sewage/wastewater, fuel, and trash. Money is paid directly to landlord or utility company. For more information, please visit www.mohousingresources.com/safhr.
- KC Regional Housing Alliance has resources available for renters and property owners online at www.kcregionalhousingalliance.org.
- KC Water partners with Mid America Assistance Coalition, who provides funding assistance through various social services agencies, to help customers who are unable to pay their bills. KC Water has committed over $3 million in funds since the program was created in 2009, and we’ve been able to assist more than 9,000 customers. To learn more about eligibility requirements, please visit www.211kc.org or call 816.474.5112, or 211. The Mid America Assistance Coalition also accepts applications for the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP). LIHWAP provides a one-time payment of up to $750 to help eligible households pay for current or past due water and/or wastewater bills, and disconnection and reconnection fees. Please call 816-831-1830 or visit www.maaclihwap.org to apply.
- The KC Water payment arrangement program gives KC Water customers extra time to bring their utility accounts up to date. With a payment arrangement, the past-due amount is spread out over a specified period of time. This amount is called a monthly installment. Customers are required to pay the agreed upon monthly installment, in addition to paying their total current charges in full by the bill due date each month. To set up a payment arrangement, please sign up or access your account at KC Water.
- Leak Stoppers is a partnership with Bridging the Gap to provide customers with guidance on how to reduce water usage. Go to www.bridgingthegap.org/water/leakstoppers to find out how the program works and income requirements.