(Kansas City, Mo.) – Kansas City Water Services is issuing a precautionary advisory to customers in the approximate area of 40 Highway to 23rd Street, and I-435 to Blue Ridge Boulevard which may currently be experiencing low or no water pressure.
Water service is expected to return to this area by Wednesday morning, barring unforeseen circumstances. Once water service is returned, consumers should follow the following boil water advisory.
Boil Water Advisory
- Customers are advised to boil all drinking water. Tap water should be boiled vigorously for three minutes before using it to drink, cook, or prepare food. Let the water cool sufficiently before drinking.
- Ice made with un-boiled tap water should not be used for drinking purposes.
- Dishes and food contact surfaces may be disinfected using tap water that contains one teaspoon of household bleach per gallon.
- The tap water is safe for other purposes such as bathing; however, small children should be discouraged from swallowing bath water.
- Water boiled for drinking and cooking purposes may be used for brushing teeth.
Kansas City Water Services will sample and test the tap water in this area to ensure water quality and safety. Customers will receive notification from Kansas City Water Services to cease the boil water advisory only after the tap water has been tested and water quality has been confirmed. Customers may contact Water Services with questions or concerns by calling 816.513.0416 or 816.573.7000.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Rusch, Media Relations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.513.0284.
KC Water maintains and operates water treatment and distribution systems, stormwater management systems, and wastewater collection and treatment systems for residential and business customers in Kansas City and for wholesale customers in the Kansas City area. KC Water is primarily funded by fees charged to customers based on their use or impacts on the three utility systems.
Follow KC Water: Website • Facebook • Twitter • YouTube • Instagram • NextDoor