(Kansas City, MO) – KC Water’s Household Hazardous Waste facility will reopen at 9:00 a.m., Friday, May 15th with restrictions in place to protect customers and employees.
- Customers will be required to remain in their cars during the drop-off process.
- Instead of signing a residency declaration, customers will just need to show their ID for proof of residency.
- The facility will accept materials only from the first 125 cars on Thursdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- The facility will accept materials only from the first 100 cars on Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- In order to accommodate as many drop-offs as possible, participants with loads exceeding 600 pounds must call 816-513-8400 to schedule a Wednesday appointment.
- The Swap Shop will remain closed.
- The facility will be closed Saturday, May 23rd for the Memorial Day Weekend.
- Regular business hours are:
- Thursday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The facility, located at 4707 Deramus Avenue, closed March 21st in accordance with Kansas City’s stay at home order.
The Household Hazardous Waste program accepts household chemicals and other materials from residents of Kansas City, MO and other participating communities. For a list of those communities and the items that are accepted, please go to www.kcwater.us/programs/hhw.
For more information, contact Heather Frierson, KC Water Media Relations Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org, 816-513-0280, cell: 816-674-0211
# # #
KC Water maintains and operates water treatment and distribution systems, stormwater management systems, and wastewater collection and treatment systems for residential and business customers in Kansas City and for wholesale customers in the Kansas City area. KC Water is primarily funded by fees charged to customers based on their use or impacts on the three utility systems.