Curbside Leaf & Brush Collection Begins November 4th
(Kansas City, Mo.) – Get out your rake. It’s time for fall lawn cleanup.
Curbside leaf and brush collection will start Monday, November 4, 2019 and will continue until December 6th. There will only be one collection this year. Customers are asked to collect their lawn debris in paper bags and set them by the curb by 7:00 a.m. on their regularly-scheduled trash day.
Here is the 2019 schedule:
- For customers who live in Kansas City NORTH (from the Missouri River, north to the city limit)
- collection: week of November 4th – November 8th
- For customers who live in SOUTH Kansas City (from 63rd Street, south to the city limit, as well as all customers who live east of Blue Ridge Cutoff)
- collection: week of November 18th – November 22nd
- For customers who live in CENTRAL Kansas City (from the Missouri River, south to 63rd Street, but not including customers who live east of Blue Ridge Cutoff)
- collection: week of December 2nd – December 6th
Curbside collection will take place on your regularly-scheduled trash day. Last year, KC Water collected 3,755 tons of leaves and brush.
Curbside Leaf and Brush Collection Rules:
- Sacks and bundles should be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the regularly-scheduled trash day.
- No more than 20 sacks and bundles per household.
- Sacks and bundles must not weigh more than 40 pounds each.
- Use only paper lawn debris sacks. No plastic bags.
- If you seal the sacks, use masking tape only; do not use plastic or duct tape.
- No grass clippings. No trash.
- All branches must be bundled. Branches must not be more than 3 inches in diameter.
- Bundles of branches must not be more than 2 feet in diameter and not more than 4 feet long.
- Use twine or jute rope to tie bundles; do not use wire or plastic tape.
- If wet weather is forecast, cover sacks and bundles with clear plastic.
If sacks and bundles are not collected on the scheduled trash day, customers must call the 311 Call Center within 24 hours. For questions or to report service-related issues, please call 311 or 816-513-1313.
More information about curbside leaf and brush collection can be found HERE.
For more information contact Heather Frierson, KC Water Media Relations Coordinator, at email@example.com 816-513-0280, cell 816-674-0211.
KC Water maintains and operates water treatment and distribution systems, stormwater management systems, and wastewater collection and treatment systems for residential and business customers in Kansas City and for wholesale customers in the Kansas City area. KC Water is primarily funded by fees charged to customers based on their use or impacts on the three utility systems.
Follow KC Water: Website · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube · Instagram · Nextdoor