(Kansas City, Mo.) – Before getting too far into 2017, KC Water looks back at its accomplishments and investments of 2016.
Here are a few examples of KC Water’s 2016 achievements:
- We brought home nine prestigious awards, including the coveted Platinum Award from the Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies.
- We produced 30 billion gallons of safe, high-quality, great tasting tap water.
- We treated more than 32 billion gallons of wastewater, sending it back to the Missouri River cleaner than when we took it out.
- Vac trucks cleaned more than 15,000 inlets and catch basins.
- We collected more than 3,500 tons of leaves and brush to keep debris out of waterways.
- Household Hazardous Waste facility set another record, collecting more than 1.4 million pounds of material.
- Crews swept 9,100 miles of gutters and removed more than 2,000 tons of debris from Kansas City streets.
- Workers rehabbed 35 miles of sewer main exceeding the annual goal by seven miles.
- We introduced the mobile water bar at seven community events, providing drinking water to thousands of event attendees.
- Contact Center employees handled nearly 300,000 calls.
- We modernized two aging wastewater pump stations, making key infrastructure more efficient and reliable.
- We initiated Keep Out the Rain to find and fix private plumbing connections that allow rainwater into the sewer system.
- The Cost of Service Task Force began its work and is scheduled to recommend how Kansas City should pay for water services in a fair and equitable manner.
For more information, please contact Brooke Givens, Media Relations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.513.0284.
KC Water maintains and operates water treatment and distribution systems, stormwater management systems, and wastewater collection and treatment systems for residential and business customers in Kansas City and for wholesale customers in the Kansas City area. KC Water is primarily funded by fees charged to customers based on their use or impacts on the three utility systems.
Follow KC Water: Website • Facebook • Twitter • YouTube • Instagram • NextDoor