Dec. 31, 2022
(Kansas City, MO) – KC Water has cancelled the precautionary Boil Water Advisory for most customers from Main Street on the west to Manchester Trafficway on the east and from Independence Boulevard on the north to Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd on the south.
The Boil Water Advisory remains in effect until further notice for customers on 17th Street from Main Street on the west to Campbell Street on east.
See “Boil Water Advisory” below for recommended steps. Additional information can be found here.
The KC Water Lab continues to test water distributed on 17th Street in the affected area. KC Water will notify customers when the Boil Water Advisory is lifted for this area after the tap water has been tested and water quality has been confirmed.
Customers with questions or concerns may contact KC Water by calling 816-513-7000 (Water Laboratory, available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or 816-513-0416 (Water Dispatch, available 24/7).
For more information regarding Boil Water Advisories, please visit https://www.kcwater.us/boil-advisories-and-orders/.
Boil Water Advisory
- Boil drinking water.
- Boil tap water for three minutes before using it to drink, cook, or prepare food. Remember to let the water cool sufficiently.
- Ice made with un-boiled tap water should be replaced.
- Dishes and food contact surfaces may be disinfected using tap water that contains one teaspoon of household bleach per gallon.
- Tap water is safe for other purposes such as bathing and washing dishes
- Boiled water may be used for brushing teeth.
Restaurants may operate with the above considerations. Any food safety questions can be sent to the Environmental Public Health Program Office, in the City’s Public Health Department, at 816-513-6315. Or, please visit:http://kcmo.gov/health/environmental-health-services/environmental-public-health-program.